As a Developer for ABIS, Inc., you will collaborate with consultants, system analysts, and members of management in order to sculpt sophisticated, custom solutions that facilitate business process improvements for our client-partners, as well as support those advancements following their deployment in Adjutant. The goal of this position will be to expand our already robust system to handle all necessary functionalities while utilizing user-friendly design practices. A successful candidate will drive ABIS’ business growth by increasing operational efficiency and expanding profit margins for our client-partners, all while simultaneously providing professional development as a programmer.
As a Developer for ABIS, you will fortify and expand our platform so that all current and future clients have the capability to improve operational efficiency, eliminate redundancy, and eradicate the pitfalls of human error. In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Crafting custom developments to automate unique solutions for complex industry challenges.
- Partnering with our Chief Technology Officer to align technical direction and apply industry best practices.
- Supporting current users by optimizing the software’s functionality and addressing technical concerns as they arise.
- Employing user-friendly design practices to create an effective, digestible interface.
- Tracking upcoming innovations in the technology sector to scout for potential enhancements to the platform.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for the following skills:
- 5+ years of experience required in designing and developing software solutions, preferably regarding mobile-aware websites and client-side or server-side software for Cloud solutions.
- Experience developing software in .NET/C# or HTML5/CSS preferred.
- Proficiency in jQuery, XML, ASP.NET, SQL, and object-oriented design preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred.
- This is a largely autonomous role, so the ideal candidate must demonstrate a strong self-initiative with the ability to identify and address areas of improvement with minimal supervision.
- Applicants will need to exercise strong problem-solving and analytical skills to find unique solutions to complex challenges efficiently and effectively.
- Candidates should be passionate about their work and willing to exceed expectations for the sake of producing optimal results. This also requires applicants to be a dedicated team player able to collaborate on projects across departments to ensure the organization’s needs are being met.
ABIS, Inc. is a Houston-based consulting services firm that supports our flagship enterprise software solution, the Adjutant Software Platform. Designed with traceability in mind, our proprietary software facilitates enterprise resource planning and business process improvement for the steel industry. Built to handle accounting, production, customer relationship management, logistics & shipping, and more simultaneously, Adjutant is the singular platform made to practically run your business for you – and we need your help to continue innovating and improving our customers’ lives.
Here at ABIS, we believe we perform our best work when we feel our best. Consistent with our established corporate culture, we offer a team-oriented, familial office atmosphere, as well as excellent benefits. Our focus is not on policy restrictions but rather on addressing the needs of our client-partners. Some of the perks available to our employees are:
- Relaxed Dress Code – We value authenticity, and as such, we think you should be able to show up to work as your true self. Our office has no set dress code, so wear what makes you comfortable – as long as you look presentable to any potential office visitors.
- Prime Location – Our office resides in the Houston Heights area, in close proximity to a vast array of eateries and entertainment options. We are located on the top floor of 13 stories, so you can enjoy sweeping views of the city while you work.
- Meals On Us – Our assortment of pre-packaged lunches from My Fit Foods helps you eat healthy and save money. You’ll also enjoy the opportunity to win company-sponsored eats and treats by spinning our prize wheel during daily morning meetings.
- Culture of Wellness – Every office is stocked with convertible standing desks and ergonomic chairs designed to prioritize back health. We also offer an in-office gym stocked with state-of-the-art equipment, including a shower and locker room, so you can get a quick sweat session in whether it’s during or outside of work hours.
- Work-Life Balance – ABIS’ mission is to help our clients free up more time in their day to be spent outside of work because we know that what really matters is the life that happens outside of the office. We extend this philosophy to our own employees by offering generous paid time off, as well as flexible work hours to fit your family’s schedule or avoid a grueling commute.